Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Green Cleaning

Ok so here is a list of everything I use to clean.

Kitchen:
I make a all purpose cleaner for the counters and stove top.

All Purpose Spray Recipe
2 T distilled white vinegar
1.5 cups hot water
1/4 cup dish washing soap or castille soap (Dr. Bronner’s is a common brand.)
10-15 drops EOs - you can blend or use Tea Tree Oil/grapefruit seed extract for antibacterial properties.
Mix in empty spray bottle and shake. You will need to shake each time you use.

I usually use clove essential oil as my scent and to help with disinfecting needs.



When I need a little more scrubbing power baking soda and vinegar paste always does the trick. This is what I use also to clean the oven.





Microwave: Take a glass mixing bowl fill with half water and half vinegar with either a half of a lemon squeezed then put in the bowl or a tablespoon of lemon juice...turn on for 5 mins to boil then let it sit for 5-10 mins the steam will loosen any grime you have in there.

Dishes:
I use seventh generation liquid and powder in the dishwasher I alternate. With vinegar in the rinse. To hand wash I'm still using leftover dawn I've had forever( I hardly hand wash)







Floors: I have a Bissell steam mop which I LOVE!






Dusting: Wood I use a diluted Murphy oil soap and a microfiber cloth. Anything other than wood I just use the cloth.



Bathroom: Counters and bathtub/shower I use Seventh generation bathroom cleaner. Toilet I use vinegar/baking soda and method lil' bowl blue toilet cleaner. I also love methods flush able wipes for quick clean ups.





Here are a couple more recipes for cleaners =)



Mold/Mildew Stains:
1 drop of tea tree oil to 1 cup of water
Floor Cleaner:
2 cups vinegar and a few drops of clove oil to 1 gallon of water.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Sprinkle w/ baking soda and let sit for 5 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar. Scrub and flush.













No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Green on the Gulf Coast | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates