Saturday, June 13, 2009

One of the three R's: Reuse

Other people can reuse things you don't anymore. I've had one yard sale right after we moved into the house. I always say I want to have another one but get tired of having things around. The solution to this problem for me is a yahoo group called Freecycle . A place where you can list items for free for people to pick up. If you search you probably will find one local to you. If it is a bigger ticket item I list it on a free online classified craigslist. We've had some luck with craigslist, where we live though not many people use it so it's really hard to sell things sometimes. There is also just donating to your local thrift/charity. So before you think about throwing those old jeans or dishes away see if someone else can get some use out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Green on the Gulf Coast | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates