Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Upcycled Project

Upcycling is a component of sustainability in which waste materials are used to provide new products, or at least that's what wikipedia says. Essentially upclcying is taking some old or unuseable and making it new again.









Here's my project, My sister Jennifer gave the dogs Cella and Afton treats in these cute Cardboard boxes for Christmas. I took them with because they were cute and I could always use them next year, Right?










Well While cleaning out the room and closet yesterday I had a thought why not paint them and use them now to put some things in.






Before:


























After:






















A little acrylic craft paint and just a few minutes and now they house some yarn and vintage thread I have which I'm sure I will never use but I love the wooden spools =)

1 comment:

 

Green on the Gulf Coast | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates